24TH - 30TH NOVEMBER, 2018|GOZO - MALTA
Training course goal was to train youth workers and provide them with training tools to create learning opportunities and conditions for empowerment on the effects of drugs abuse on mental health, well-being and their social consequences: weak parenting, school drop-outs, unsafe sexual practices, sexual and domestic violence.
At the completion of the training course, the participants:
- are familiar with consequences of drug abuse on parenting, sexual practices, education, and healthy relationships;
- have developed the capacities to create and implement drug prevention measures through community-based actions;
- can create learning opportunities through community-based prevention measures to facilitate youth empowerment;
- are familiar with drug abuse prevention in youth work.
On completion of the training course, the participant are able to:
- illustrate a comprehensive model of the effects of substance abuse on mental health, well-being and healthy lifestyle.
- illustrate consequences of drug abuse on parenting, sexual practices, education, economic or healthy relationships;
- develop youth capacities to create or implement drug abuse prevention measures through peer learning interventions;
- create learning opportunity to facilitate youth empowerment.